The best way to determine if labiaplasty may be right for you is to schedule a consultation at Bradley Gynecology.
- You may be a candidate for labiaplasty if you:
- Experience discomfort during intercourse or exercise due to excess tissue
- Suffer emotional and/or psychological distress due to large labia and excess skin
- Are unhappy with the appearance of your labia due to changes associated with childbirth, weight loss, or aging
- Want to improve the overall appearance of the vulva
- Are in generally good health
- Don’t smoke
Recovering from Labiaplasty Surgery
Patients may experience some discomfort or pain after labiaplasty surgery that we help manage with medication. Swelling and bruising are also common, as is asymmetry in the swelling which will gradually subside in the weeks following surgery. We advise that you take one week off work, avoid sexual intercourse, and refrain from any strenuous physical activity for six weeks.
After approximately six weeks, any bruising and most swelling should recede, but minor residual swelling may persist for up to six months. Once all swelling has disappeared, the final results will be revealed. There is typically very little to no visible long term scarring from labiaplasty because our team take care to hide incisions within labial folds and the tissue of the labia generally heals very well. Labiaplasty patients often report an increase in confidence, improved intimacy, and newfound ease with activities that were previously uncomfortable.